MBA and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
Why Work with Shawn
When you’re facing a painful divorce or separation, you might wonder who to call to help protect your family – and money – throughout this process.
The truth is, you can enlist the help of the best divorce attorney in your area and still feel lost in the implications of divorce. From dealing with the emotional trauma and talking to your kids to gathering dozens of documents and preparing for the rest of your life, divorce is messy. It’s complicated, both emotionally and financially. And it’s not all covered in your legal processes.
That’s why Shawn Leamon, MBA, CDFA founded Divorce and Your Money, the #1 divorce resource in the United States, and offers his services as a personalized financial coach. Backed by Shawn’s extensive experience in divorce, business, financial institutions, and more, you can feel confident in every divorce decision and obstacle that comes your way.
In fact, when you choose to trust Shawn Leamon to guide you through your divorce, you’re backed by:
- Education. Shawn attended Dartmouth College for Economics and Philosophy and holds an MBA degree from IE Business School in Madrid, one of the top business schools in the world. He’s also been licensed as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst by the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA).
- Experience. Working with some of the top financial firms in the nation, Shawn has cultivated a reputation as a financial analyst who understands the nuances of his field. His experience includes international finance and venture capital, as well as working as a credit research analyst for J.P. Morgan, helping to manage $1.1 billion in client assets at Bernstein Global Wealth Management.
- Resources. Beyond his personalized coaching services, Shawn founded Divorce and Your Money, the nation’s #1 divorce resource that includes blog articles and a top divorce podcast that has helped thousands of clients settle their finances in divorce. Shawn has also authored three books about divorce and critical financial decisions.
Shawn firmly believes that individuals undergoing divorce should thrive, not just survive. He makes it his mission to help divorcing couples across the country flourish and work toward a better future for themselves and their children.
What Makes Shawn Leamon, MBA, CDFA Different
Most financial advisors get paid solely based on how much money they bring into their firm each year, not how much they help people. Shawn wants to make a difference in people’s lives, which is why he’s created a comprehensive system of resources to help guide you through your divorce.
If you’re looking for a place to start in your divorce journey, the following resources can help:
- Divorce and Your Money Podcast. Shawn’s divorce podcast is ranked #1 in the United States and has had more than 200,000 downloads. The best part is, it’s completely free.
- Shawn’s Divorce Guide Store. Filled with free and affordable resources, Shawn’s store gives you access to more than 160 episodes of the podcast as well as several guides to help you through your divorce.
- Divorce and Your Money No-Nonsense Guide. One of the most affordable products available, this easy-to-understand financial guide outlines all the financial considerations of divorce.
- Personalized Coaching Services. Want an insider’s perspective on the unique aspects of your financial situation? Shawn offers coaching calls to personally walk you through the financial aspects of your divorce, fully understanding your situation and providing step-by-step guidance.
Don’t get screwed during divorce.
I’m Shawn Leamon, a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and MBA. I’m here to help protect your money and your family during your divorce.
Divorce is complicated—emotionally, legally, and financially.
You quickly discover that the legal elements of divorce are just one piece of a larger puzzle. You’re dealing with a myriad of emotions, handling friends and family, talking to your kids, gathering dozens of documents, and preparing for the rest of your life.
Imagine that you have a trusted advisor who can guide you through all of the complicated decisions you have to make, and help ensure that you’re on the right path toward a prosperous future.
A Certified Divorce Financial Analyst is a financial advisor who specializes in divorce.
One day, a close friend of mine came to me for help. Her marriage was coming to an end, so she had to make the best decisions for herself and her three kids. Although she had a well-known divorce attorney, she knew she had many complicated financial concerns that her attorney was not prepared to navigate. She came to me for my advice as she negotiated a settlement.
Later, another friend invited me over for dinner. While I was there, his wife served him divorce papers after 25 years of marriage. In a moment, his successful life as an entrepreneur was crashing down around him. He asked me to help him select an attorney and navigate the best course through the divorce process.
Although the attorney he chose was a tough negotiator, he had many questions:
- What should he do with his home?
- Which assets should he keep?
- Which retirement plans should he choose?
His attorney was not equipped to handle these issues. My friend needed someone to help him structure a settlement that protected him and his children, and that would set them all up for a successful future.
Family law attorneys are essential to the divorce process, but most of them are not financial experts. According to Joseph E. Cordell, a partner at Cordell & Cordell, one of the largest family law firms in the United States:
“Attorneys often tend to feel they have the knowledge and experience to take care of many complex financial matters on their own, even though most do not hold any sort of business degree. This can create costly mistakes for their clients, if they do not fully understand the complicated financial concerns at hand.”
That’s how Divorce and Your Money was born.
It offers a better way for people to face one of the most challenging periods in their lives. I believe people getting divorces should thrive, not just survive. In fact, it is my mission to help divorcers across the country flourish.
It may not feel like it now, but divorce is not the end. Instead, it is a new beginning. I want to make sure that you make the right decisions today that will put you in the best position for your future.
I am not your typical financial advisor.
I was always frustrated by the financial planning industry. Most financial advisors get paid solely based on how much money they bring into their firm each year, not by how much they help people. I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
After seeing my friends go through painful divorces, I realized that sometimes you just need a trusted advisor. You need a guide who is experienced in the divorce process, is objective about the situation and is in your corner. Someone who can help you navigate all the complicated decisions during the process.
Here is a short version of my background:
I attended Dartmouth College and received my MBA from IE Business School in Madrid, which is one of the top business schools in the world. I have also had the opportunity to work as at some exceptional financial firms. For example, I was a research analyst at JPMorgan, and I helped manage $1.1 billion in client assets at Bernstein Global Wealth Management.
I want to build the #1 divorce resource in the United States.
Every day, I get to work with successful business owners, athletes, entertainers, entrepreneurs, and other hard-working Americans as they navigate one of the most difficult periods of their lives.
How can I help you today?
To begin, here are some excellent resources:
I hear this statement all the time: “I wish I knew about you during my divorce.” Let’s prevent that from happening to you. The decisions you make today can cost you for the rest of your life.
I am here for you.